Tuesday, October 25, 2016

4" x 6" Mini Album with Florets

Greetings and welcome to the SEI Blog, it's Rhonda here today to share my project with you. I recently received one of "The Preservation Series" 4" x 6" Album and thought it would be fun to use for a mini album for my son.

To begin, I selected my papers, the Florets Assortment Pack. The pack is so nice as it also includes the stickers and sentiments as well as the papers all together for you, just perfect for a mini album.



I selected the pretty butterflies on blue paper for the cover, adhered and accented with a few stickers and silver glitter dots. I used the stickers to spell my son's name on the cover. After that I chose the other papers and covered the interior and back of the book. I left the interior back yellow as it seemed to coordinate well on its own.

Before planning any pages, I selected some of my favorite papers and trimmed to 4x6 for the base paper pages. I then trimmed several papers to 3.5 square and some others to 3 x 3 square. Additional strips and bits were cut so I would have a huge pile of mats ready to go.




The first page is very simple single photo mat. The second page, when opened it has a sentiment adhered between the photo mat and is designed as a tab that sits outside of the page protector. It becomes a fun place to journal when you open it.



The third page is a blocked design, ready to add photos. The fourth page features one of the Perforated Sheets combined with a sticker sentiment. Cute, quick and perfectly coordinates.



The fifth page on the left features another Perforated Sheet with a fun sentiment. For the sixth page I cut apart the design of the Perforated Sheet sentiment and used it as a photo corner to frame the photo. I used a silver glitter dot as a simple accent in the word You.



I've left the other pages blank so we can add full sized photos as well as some cropped favorites. One other thing to mention, I've kept this design very simple. The idea is, if you are at a crop and had only the mini album, the paper pack and one embellishment, plus your basic tools of a trimmer and adhesives, you could create it.

Mini albums are so much fun to make and my children love to bring them in for share day at school. They are always excited and proud to show off a bit of their story. I hope I've inspired you to create something fun today!

Rhonda

SEI Products:
Florets Assortment Pack
- 24 Cardstock Papers
- Sticker Sheets
- Perforated Sheets
Silver Glitter Dots
The Preservation Series - 4"x6" Album

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover