Thursday, June 5, 2014

Father's Day Cards


I don't know what it is about masculine cards, but I tend to struggle with them a little more. Seeing as Father's day is this month, I thought it would be the perfect time to flex my creative brain and come up with a couple of cards.




This first card I created, I lined up strips of the washi tape (they can be matched exactly) over white cardstock. I die cut the circle using a circle die and my manual machine. I was pretty sure the tape would peel up if I tried my electronic cutter. The background blue is the B side from the Azelea collection. While the collection may be flowery, the B sides read as quite masculine -perfectfor my card base. The new chipboard pieces were great for making a little banner and staple easily using my Tiny Attacher.



The second card, I used the idea of the circle from the first and found a chipboard piece that would work well. Again, patterned paper are from the Azelea collection. I used a heart from the Noteworthy collection and tied it all together with some red letters.

I hope I've given a few ideas for some masculine cards this month. Thanks for visiting!

Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great cards, Sarah!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover