Monday, April 21, 2014

Pretty Picture Frame


I always have fun creating with paper to decorate otherwise really plain items. The frame I started with is a basic kraft colored one that SEI has in stock. I pulled out some of my favourite punches and dies and the Catalina collection and started.

First I gently trimmed the front of the frame from the back of the frame. Decorating the base of the front half of the frame is a lot easier with you can wrap the paper right around it and not have to worry about finished edges. I cut wide strips of the patterned paper and glued it to the base while wrapping it around the frame.



I used my hot glue gun to glue the two layers back together so the frame could hold the picture. I cut out some leaves and flowers. I decided along the way that the kraft chips would be a nice finishing touch to my project.




I layered on the leaves and flowers, adding foam dots as I went to help keep the depth and dimension. I added the thread bow the the back of the kraft chip heart with a glue dot and adhered the whole thing to the top of my embellishment cluster using more foam dots.



I thought I would show you a view from the side of the frame, so you can see the foam and the layers to create my cluster.



Here's the finished frame. As you can see I added a few flowers to the right side of the frame to help balance the color. I also added a few gems for a finishing touch.



Overall, the project was pretty quick. The longest part was waiting for the glue to dry in the first step.

I hope this project has given you a few ideas! Enjoy!
Sarah
 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover