Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gratitude Challenge


Happy New Year! It's Tyra and I'm here to kick the New Year off with the challenge that is sure to inspire you.

First, let's announce the winner from the Cozy Winter Inspiration Challenge:

Paula Jennings.



Congrats to you!!! Please email seiblog{at}shopsei{dot}com for your prize! Hugs and Happy Shopping!!!!

As I look back at 2013 and look forward to 2014, I can't help but to feel a sense of gratitude for family and friends. Gratitude is the inspiration for today's challenge! Let's take a look at the inspirational photo collage:



By the way, that's my youngest son and I walking down the street last summer. "Thankful" and "family" are just a few of many words that come to mind when I think of Gratitude. Let's take a look at what I created:





I focused on some of the colors found in the inspiration photo and used my die cutting machine, papers from the Vogue and Chalet collections to create an interesting combination of shapes. The teal arrow and silver sentiment was cut from SEI's Kraft Basics.

I also loved using the blooms and blossoms chalkboard tag to ground the sentiment. The colors in these collections work beautifully together. If you do not have a die cutter, use the beautiful stickers from the Vogue collection, featuring very similar elements. Now I have a card perfect to give to someone to start the year off right! What will you create?

Challenge Rules:
Use the inspiration image to create a new layout, card, or mixed media design.
Use the linky tool below to add your project. Please post a direct link to your project from your blog or photo sharing site.
Mention the SEI Design Inspiration Challenge and link back to our site. Encourage your friends to participate!
You may combine this challenge with other challenges
Use of SEI products is not required
Please leave a link no later than January 28th
Have FUN!!!!!

One project will be featured during the next monthly challenge and the winner will receive a $25 gift code from SEI.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tyra

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful prize for the Cozy Winterf Inspiration. It's too bad I didn't have any competition - it was a great challenge. I love love love SEI products and the gift certificate will surely go to good use.

Unknown said...

Paula I'm so glad you were able to play along :)

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover