Saturday, December 21, 2013

Decorate Your Own Gift Bag


Hi! Recycling is important to us, so I am always trying to find ways to re-purpose a variety of different things. In today's case, I reused a pretty, white paper bag that housed a purchase from our local pharmacy. The logo of the store is hidden behind the patterned paper, and the blue down the side of the bag, worked well with the Noel collection.





I created my own pleated medallion and placed the sentiment over the center of the medallion. The sentiment was cut out from the 4x6 pad from the Noel collection -I just centered a thin, metal die over the card to cut out the circle.



You can see from the side view, that I angled the ends of the paper, where the patterned paper overlapped. This is a good detail in case the end lifts up a bit. I also trimmed a piece of ribbon and tucked the folded end between the medallion and the sentiment. I punched a hole in the tag from the perforated Greetings page from the Noel collection and attached it with a piece of ribbon to the handles of the bag. The gems from the Chalet sundries package were the final touch to this project.

I hope I've inspired you to reuse something as part of your gift giving this year.

Thanks for visiting!
Sarah

1 comment:

April said...

Very pretty! I love it.

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover