Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Boxes


This year we are celebrating as a new family and I wanted to create something that wasn't over the top as far as gift giving goes. Mitchell's family holds a special place within my heart, but we don't often give gifts at Christmas time, we just spend the day blessing Jesus and being together, but I wanted to do a little something for each person in our family! So I created these tiered boxes that Mitchell's sister can place upon her mantel year after year!



I purchased the boxes at Michael's. They came in a set of 3 and were inside each other. Initially, I was going to do separate boxes but decided to decorate them as a bunch and tie them together! I loved the Noel scrapbooking album kit and all the contents and elements that came with it too!

Supplies:
Noel 12x12 scrapbook album kit
Michael's paper mache boxes
Modge Podge
Michael's ribbon
Hot glue gun
Michael's jingle bells
Generic White floss
Pop Dots

Directions:
I measured out each box so I could cut the papers to the appropriate sizing.

I used Modge Podge on the back on the papers and placed on to each box and let dry.

I used Modge Podge on the front of each of the papers and let dry (I do this so that this will hold up year after year and the papers will not rip or tear)

After the Modge Podge has dried I decorated each box using the contents in the kit along with the other supplies listed.

To ensure that each element stuck on to the boxes, I used a hot glue gun so that they would also last year after year and stay put!

I used the red ribbon and made two bows along with tying all the boxes together with the red ribbon.

Elizabeth

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover